What Does a Staff Writer Do?
Staff writers produce compelling and relevant content to educate and entertain readers. They carry out thorough research and conduct interviews to write factual and exclusive reports, features, and reviews. They may write about sports, science and technology, politics, or celebrities.
Staff Writer Job Overview
In the staff writer role, you will be responsible for writing daily content across all platforms of the firm. You will collaborate with the editor and other writers to create well-written articles. You must follow the firm’s writing style to maintain consistency in all published materials. Success in this position will be demonstrated by delivering high-quality content to increase readership and engagement.
Staff Writer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Produces day-to-day content, including brief stories and news articles
- Creates interesting social media posts and website content
- Conducts research
- Follows trends and hot topics
- Reviews content
- Upholds journalism ethics and standards
- Ensures strict adherence to the firm’s content guidelines
Staff Writer Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of writing experience
- Proficient in MS Office, WordPress, and other relevant digital tools
- Deep understanding of writing styles
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Outstanding English writing skills
- Demonstrable published articles portfolio
- Knowledge of current events
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or relevant field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.