What Does a Store Manager Do?
Store managers create and realize business strategies to make sure their teams meet monthly or annual sales targets. They also budget the store’s expenses by minimizing costs and monitoring inventory levels. Store managers handle employee development and oversee administrative tasks such as scheduling and reporting.
In the store manager role, you will oversee the daily operations of a store and ensure everything runs smoothly. You will supervise and train employees on how to properly engage with customers. Additionally, you will gather and evaluate customer feedback to determine ways to increase sales. Success in this role will be demonstrated by increasing the store’s efficiency and maximizing profits.
Store Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Handles administrative tasks
- Oversees employees and motivates staff to achieve sales goals
- Conducts market research and stays informed on industry trends
- Tends to special requests and difficult customer situations
- Prepares sales reports and collects customer feedback
- Tracks sales progress
- Creates discounts and promos when necessary
- Ensures compliance with standard safety regulations
Store Manager Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in store management
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Effective communication skills
- Superb problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.