What Does a Technical Support Engineer Do?
Technical support engineers to resolve technical issues to ensure the sustainability of IT operations. They maintain a deep knowledge of network systems, hardware and software components, web applications, and other IT-related frameworks to provide needed company and employee assistance and customer support.
Technical Support Engineer Job Overview
In the technical support engineer role, you will supply real-time support, dealing with internal and external technical problems as they arise. Common tasks include troubleshooting network problems, solving hardware and software installation issues, and addressing urgent customer concerns. Success in this role will be demonstrated by the continual delivery of immediate solutions to keep IT systems up and running.
Technical Support Engineer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides quality customer support to drive customer satisfaction
- Documents technical issues and develops test cases to address similar concerns in the future
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots network issues to avoid downtime
- Monitors cases and handles critical customer accounts
- Maintains compliance with standard operating procedures to ensure data security
- Gives timely and relevant customer updates for cases being solved
- Works with various teams to resolve problems
Technical Support Engineer Job Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience
- Proven support experience in software as a service (SaaS) and other cloud applications
- Relevant IT certifications are a plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving, time-management, and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.