What Does a Computer Programmer Do?
Computer programmers (or systems programmers) create and design software programs and web applications tailored to client and company needs. They write code in various computer languages and then test, debug, and update the code as needed. They may work in paired groups with other programmers.
Computer Programmer Job Overview
Computer Programmer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops automated systems and optimizes machine sequences
- Creates process workflow and algorithms
- Maintains and develops existing processes
- Writes codes for applications and tests the programs
- Provides tech support and asks for feedback
- Researches and follows the latest technological developments
- Educates users and teammates on how the software works
Computer Programmer Job Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Advanced knowledge in Mac and Windows operating systems
- Highly proficient in various programming languages
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous and organized
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.