What Does a Help Desk Technician Do?
Help desk attendants provide information and guidance to customers about a company’s products and services. They are the main contacts for those needing assistance and for prospective clients seeking information about company offerings. They troubleshoot problems and give advice to resolve problems and complaints.
Help Desk Technician Job Overview
In the help desk role, you will provide real-time assistance to existing customers and potential clients. A key element of this role is being able to connect with people so you can understand their concerns and help them address their problems. Success in this role will be demonstrated by ensuring customer satisfaction through providing high quality assistance.
Help Desk Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Answers customer inquiries either in person, or via email, chat, or phone
- Advises on appropriate course of action
- Records all help desk activities and prepares reports
- Identifies and troubleshoots problems
- Directs customers to the correct department
- Communicates recurring customer concerns and issues to management
Help Desk Technician Job Requirements
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Compassionate and patient
- Able to effectively interact with different types of people
- Relevant help desk experience is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.