What Does an iOS Developer Do?
iOS developers are in charge of the development and maintenance of applications for devices operating with Apple’s proprietary operating system. They create, iterate, and update iOS apps using iOS software development kit. They strictly follow design guidelines to preserve Apple’s intuitive and unique user experience.
iOS Developer Job Overview
In the iOS developer role, you will write and debug code using either official Apple programming languages, such as Swift and Objective-C, or other compatible languages. You must maintain a good understanding of mobile application frameworks and stay up to date with the latest iOS trends and changes. Success in this role will be demonstrated by launching new applications and enhancing existing applications to attract new users and retain customers.
iOS Developer Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates high-quality, UX-rich iOS apps
- Deploys major app enhancements
- Performs a series of test runs and test automation
- Works closely with designers, QA analysts, designers, engineers to implement solutions
- Optimizes app performance and memory usage
- Ensures compliance with design guide and code standards
- Documents process throughout the app life cycle
iOS Developer Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of extensive and hands-on iOS app development experience
- Excellent programming skills and proficient in Swift and Objective-C
- Advanced knowledge of iOS frameworks, such as Core Data, Grand Central Dispatch (GCD)
- Experience with Secure Enclave, GIT source control management, or similar tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or related field
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.