What Does a Kitchen Manager Do?
Kitchen managers are responsible for the overall operation of food preparation in a business. They ensure all production and cleanup processes run smoothly and in compliance with health and safety regulations. They also maintain kitchen inventory and supplies, and they supervise all kitchen staff.
Kitchen Manager Job Overview
In the kitchen manager role, you will supervise the facility’s day-to-day activities to ensure efficient operations in a high-pressure environment. You will be responsible for managing employee schedules and coordinating with the restaurant manager to make menu and policy decisions. Success in this role will be demonstrated by providing expert culinary management and facilitating customer satisfaction.
Kitchen Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises kitchen staff and coordinates schedules
- Ensures that the kitchen is kept clean and safe
- Orders kitchen inventory, materials, and other supplies
- Conducts weekly inventory audits
- Coordinates with restaurant manager regarding menu item changes and prices
- Ensures food storage and preparation comply with both health and safety regulations
- Maintains records of day-to-day operations
Kitchen Manager Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management
- Certification from a culinary school
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Highly organized
- Ability to work in a high stress environment and manage a kitchen staff
- Superior knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations
Are you looking to start your hiring process today? Comeet can help. Check out our pricing plans to learn more about how we can redefine the way you recruit new talent.